Foodies Nest



SnowFall Widget

"Welcome to my Blog!!!"

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BLACK CHICK PEAS SUNDAL



Black Chick Peas is easy to make and taste really nice as a snack or side dish in a main meal.The black chick peas is also an excellent source of protein.This recipe is to prepare snack,salad and kulambu.U can use this recipe in cutlet.Once in a week u can eat this recipe is a good for health.
Black chick peas is a brown in color.A lot of chick peas are available in store.



Ingredients:
  1. Black Chick Peas-1bowl
  2. Onion-1/2cup
  3. Curry leaves-1strand
  4. Red-chili-4
  5. Red-chili powder-1/4tsp
  6. Channa Dal-1/2tsp
  7. Mustard Seeds
  8. Shred Coconut-1/3cup
  9. Salt-to taste
  10. Water
  11. Oil

Method:
  • Soak and wash the black chick peas for minimum 6hrs.
  • Take a pressure cooker,put the black chick peas,salt and water.
  • Close the lid .Pressure upto 7 whistles.
  • Remove the black chick peas and filter the water.
  • Take a frying pan,add 2tsp of oil,mustard seeds,channa dal,curry leaves and red-chili.
  • After popping the seeds add finely chopped onions and fry well.
  • Add boiled black chick peas,red-chili powder and mix well.
  • Finally add shred coconut and mix well.After 2mins switch off the flame.
  • Hot and serve ur loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I am not even sure I can find the fresh chickpeas. I do have canned, but I am sure I would not get the same results. I need to scout around for these. I am coming across too many tasty recipes using them that I want to try. This one is included. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Share to others: